Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Round 3, Day 5 - We're Home!

Sorry this is a day late...but he's home!!

After annoying everyone on West 4 (or maybe just me) with a five day count down (96 hours from now I'll be home...72 hours from now I'll be home...get the picture?), Matt is home. No more in-patient chemo. It's very exciting, though bitter sweet. It's definitely not a good reason to be away from home, but while Matt was at MMC I didn't have to cook for him, clean up after him or take care of him. It was a nice little vacation for me (and they gave me warm blankets...as many as I wanted). But if I had to choose between picking-up after Matt or him not having chemo I would definitely pick no chemo. I'm just saying, West 4 is a great place to be if you have to go through it.

So, anyway. Matt's home. The nausea has been worse then it ever was before, but its managable. He's on Zofran, which we've discovered is a $600 perscription ($10 for us...thank God for health insurance). He's taken more anti-nausea meds then he has before, but he's active MUCH earlier! The Compazine really knocked him on his butt. The Zofran takes a few minutes to kick in, but here's the run down. Last night (his first night home) he watched a movie, went for a walk and didn't go to bed until after 10pm! Today we sanded/painted the rust off my car, he's organizing his nuts and bolts (literally...the living room is covered in bolts, screws, nails...I've the patience of a saint) and we even ordered pizza for dinner. He's doing really well :)

So, here's the schedule:
Chemo shot this Friday, Nov. 2
Pulmunary test - Friday Nov. 2
LAST CHEMO SHOT - Friday, Nov. 9
29th Birthday - Nov. 15
2nd Wedding Anniversary - Nov. 26
Back to work - Nov. 28
CT Scan - Dec. 6
Consult with Dr. G - Dec. 13

And that's it so far! If I think of anything else I'll let you know :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home