Friday, October 05, 2007

Round 2, Day 4

I spent the night again last night. Even though I'm in a recliner and Matt's in his own bed, both of us sleep better when we're in the same room. So I've spent the last two nights here and will be staying again tonight.

I worked a full day today and only saw Matt for about five minutes at 6am this morning and then not for another ten hours. Turns out, that's not a bad thing. I have promises of dinners and back rubs because he missed me so much :)

I brought Matt a new hat today. Well, not a new hat. A different that that went through the wash. He read two train books. He watched a movie. He's doing so much better than the first week (especially on the new anti-pukey med). He likes all of the cards he's been getting (they're on his window sill...next to the framed picture of me that I brought in). He's bald. He has a REALLY good shaped head (all of the nurses say so). He is now officially past the half-way point for the number of days he will be in the hospital!!

He should be home tomorrow by noon. They have to wait 22 hours between each round of chemo, so they've been doing it two hours earlier every day so we can get out and get home to the hammock! Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home