Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thanks Beth!!!

So I'm in Indianapolis and I have enough to deal with right now that I'm pretty overwhelmed. As I was getting ready to book my hotel and figure out how to eat out for a week, I got an email from my first college roommate (yes, I had 7) Beth.

Beth lives in Indy now and not only opened her home to me, but she has spoiled my hubby COMPLETELY (there is a huge basket with his favorite goodies!! Minus a bag of cheese crackers and a candy bar...hee, hee), brought me and my in-laws lunch today and sat with us while we waited during Matt's operation.

I pray that none of you ever go through any of this, but if you should you will realize that you DON'T realize how stressful everything is until it's over. I didn't realize how tired I was getting until Beth let me relax a little and helped out.

She has been in my shoes, but she unfortunately lost her mother to cancer a few years ago. Instead of wallowing or avoiding the issue, she is helping. Personally I can't thank her enough. Generally, she raises money every year to help (you'll have to visit my sister's blog for that info...I'm too tired to link right now). She's a champ.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure y'all know how wonderful she is, how wonderful she's been and that she will not need to buy Janet Evanovich's new book in June, because she'll be getting that from me.

1 Comments:

Blogger davita said...

I'm happy to hear somebody's being awesome! I was definitely thinking of you yesterday... when I got the word my mom's surgery went well, I then thought "Ok one down, one to go." Glad to hear everything went awesome! :) I LOVE YOU TWO....

12:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home