Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Doctor's Visit - Details

Tues. Sept. 25th @ 9am Matt & I visited Dr. G so he could chat w/Matt and see how everything is going. It was a great visit.

I can't tell you enough how much we love our new doc. He is so personable and we really feel like he cares about us. Case in point: last week Matt's grandma passed away. Her obituary was in the Sunday Record-Eagle. Dr. G asked if she was related to Matt, how the family was doing, etc. He's been a patient less than a month, but he is invested enough in our lives and Matt treatment to ask. It was very touching.

And the good news - if not for this whole cancer inconvenience, Matt's healthy as a horse. STILL. His white blood cell count is low, but they expect that for about 10 days after he leaves the hospital. It should be climbing now and back to normal when Matt goes back to West 4 on Tuesday. And even thought the count is low, it's not dangerously low. He is still okay to keep doing what he's been doing (going to church, but not hugging, yard work, helping friends, sweeping the floor...yep, he did that). He even gave Matt the okay to go camping!!

Everything else is great. Matt put on two pounds last week (that is WAY good for someone in chemo...the do NOT want him losing weight), BP is good, pulse is strong. We told the doc about his minor reaction to the Bleo on Thursday, but he didn't seem phased. When we explained that two extra strength Tylenol and a good night's sleep later Matt felt fine, the doc pretty much waved it off.

And...the greatest blessing to me...Dr. G noted that he couldn't believe Matt hasn't lost more hair. I was prompt to inform him that (thank you God) Matt hasn't lost ANY hair. Trust me. Every morning I reach over and yank on it (if only I was kidding...ask Matt). No real explanation for that...hee, hee. For all intents and purposes, Matt should be balding (if not bald). Though I am quite pleased by the stubborn follicals, my dad was kinda hoping at least Matt's facial hair would fall out ;) (my dad did, after all, buy Matt an electrial shaver for Christmast last year).

But that's it! Things are great! I've been working as much as I can subbing and, when I'm not, I'm trucking through the first re-write of my book (still, technically, considered work). God is still providing, always providing, and all of needs have been met.

Thanks for your prayers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home