Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Off to I-U

Matt spoke with the surgeon and here's what's happenin':

Aug. 28th - leave for Indianapolis
Aug. 29th - Matt checks in @ 9:00 am for surgery
Sept. 1st or 2nd - We head back north (should miss the Labor Day rush - whipeee!)
Sept. 5th or 6th - Matt can drive again (Praise the Lord, I hate to drive)
Four Weeks Later - Matt can return to full-on active duty at American Waste (he is restricted to no strenuous lifting...him might be able to go to work before that, but he won't be doing everything as before)

The good news is that the full body CT scan results came back and, even though the lymph node is up to 3.0 cm (from 1.9...it should be 1.0) there are no other areas of cancer growth, so it is contained :)

Matt has BIG plans for his time off: finishing taxes, buying/playing with an Ipod...clean the office, do the dishes (okay, maybe that's MY wish list).

God has been entirely faithful and we have such peace that we are in His will. It's been a long process (Matt's first surgery was Sept. 1st last year), but we know we've been following His voice.

Thank you SOOOOO much for your prayers...love y'all tons!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Matt,

I don't know if you will remember me but we were in school together and we were good friends in Junior High! I wanted to let you know that I live in Indiana now and if there is anything I can do to help, I am more than willing. I feel that GOD sent me to your site to let you know I am here for you and your wife! I am sorry to hear about your illness and you are in my prayers! Please, contact me and let me know you got this! My email is Indygal77@yahoo.com and my home number is 317-877-0198. I am pulling for you!
Tina Annis-Blackwell

12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home