Saturday, April 19, 2008

And we made it

We left Indiana this morning at 10 am and arrived in Scottville just before 5 pm. Yeah, I thought it would take longer too. But that's okay...we got here just in time for the first BBQ ribs and sweet corn of the season. Matt ate one rib, 25 baked beans, a tablespoon of macaroni and cheese and two bites off a corn on the cob. I ate...more than I needed to, but you don't need to know about that.

Matt did pretty well on the trip. He did great until we reached the Michigan border, when the pot holes and uneven seams made for a long, bumpy trip. Luckily he has his paid meds, as well as Advil for the in between times. He didn't sleep in the van, but I did accidentally buy him the same Wall Street Journal that he had yesterday, so he was mildly entertained.

So now we're at the 'rents. I'm leaving Matt here for the week while I return to TC to work. Don't cry for him Argentina...he has the Man Cave and my mother who buys him any and all foods he may have inadvertently suggested that he liked, likes or may like to try. He'll be fine. He's even getting a hair cut on Tuesday. It'll be rough.

And now Matt's resting. He'll have the staples removed next week, then we'll go back down to Indy in about a month for a follow-up. In the meantime?? Oh, listen for his whining...he can't do the things he wants to do and I've a list of things I want him to do...hee, hee :)

See ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Banks said...

Thinking of the two of you... so very much happening !!! My prayers are with you. Did you ever get that sweeper you needed?

Matt, I will always remember you working at Debbie's..... you were so young & such a good kid... life just isn't fair, but I know you will beat this thing!!!!

Always in my prayers, Bev

8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home